uma lágrima de saudade | an anthem to the friendship

20/07/09

I'm a damn melancholic person... I must confess a tear on my face when she left, the bus n. 26 took her away, just in front of the Royal Court of Justice, like always. "Ciao ciao"... and then she moved upstair, for her last trip to the airport. She isn't death, don't worry! She's just coming back to Brazil. She'll have a great time, great professional career, enjoy the life as we did together, here in London. God blesses the people with the good heart.

I must confess I've tears on my face while I'm writing... here and now, alone in my room... in the same place where she lived for one year. Our story is an anthem to the friendship, the damn male-female friendship that many people doesn't believe in: it exists. This is the example that they're wrong.

She was my 'Brazilian mom', b'cause 'General' was a nickname a bit rude. She takes care of all of us. She introduces us her 'real' mom, and it was so nice. I won't forget her smile of that evening. I remember the first time we spoke. She was very rude with me: "no, in our study group there are already enough people". But then we became great friends, always... studying during the day and having party in the night, sharing knowledge and works with confessions about feelings and love. We supported essays and exams, loves and broken hearts, as simple as life should be. I learnt a lot from her, not only to be organized when I study. We'd together the best party of ever because without her I couldn't have a 'real' party. But I won't tell you our secrets. I'll tell you about our lunch at Café Rouge: they should give us a 'citizenship' for all the time we went there.

It's very strange to be so close with someone living on the 'other side' of the world. If this is the Globalization, thanks to God to meet great people from so far. If 'geography is fate', it's great to have to possibility to share something between Italy and Brazil. We come from two latin (=chaotic) countries, but both from the most industrial cities. However, in our class we could face without problem all the prejudices against Latins.

I'm crying because I know that Brazil is far away and we don't know when and how we'll see again. Probably, I'll fly there for the new year and maybe she'll move next year in a closer city. I must confess: this is the first time I've tears on my face, it's the first time someone's leaving for such a far country. I didn't for friends leaving to Zurich or Kraków, Almeria or Hannover and Göteborg because, at the end, Europe isn't that big. Thanks to God for whatever we did, for happiness and boredom, studying and partying. We enjoyed the time that God gave us. I'm understanding what's life, why we should do and do well because we die. Italians say that 'leaving is a bit die'.

... but just let me have uma lágrima de saudade for my 'mum', flying back to Brazil... talvez duas ... I know you shouldn't trust a man confessing that... but 'still... I mean..." as she's used to say... let me have almost this anthem... and I don't care if you won't understand. We do.

0 commenti:

For wayfarers | Per i viandanti

Duke's guests | Ospiti regolari

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP