tonight, I feel "casa"

14/01/09

"Casa" couldn't be written in another language than the mine one. "Casa" is a feeling, is a sense of share the most intimate side of your life. Different than love, "casa" is a feeling with deep roots, because long time ago love was imposed by family-decided marriage.
"Casa" is share your intimacy with people imposed, arrived there, not chosen. Maybe, you can chose your wife, but you can't really chose how your children will grow up.

Tonight we'd the first dinner all together: me, our boss, the canadian funny guy, my brazilian syster, and the argentinian princess. It wasn't just a funny dinner all together, was something more. There was the exciting part of preparation where everyone did his part and one of us didn't anything, as it has to be. The preparation for the party, the good wine from Israel, the serious discourse, the thanksgiving for bread. Women cooked, and male did heavy jobs. Mixing languages, traditions, cultures, ages on the same table, with same wine and same bread. We spoke about religion, politics, jokes and funny stuffs.

I don't know we're we'll be in one year, I'll keep this image as the first feeling of "casa" abroad. The feeling of "casa" couldn't be really translate, not only because I'm Italian, but because my culture has so many meaning linked to this word which no any other language could incorporated it. Anyway, it's a great feeling, I'll keep it.

2 commenti:

alsam 18 gennaio 2009 alle ore 15:28  

You can try to use the word "home", I think that it has roughly the same meaning.

I'm glad anyway that you're getting this feeling... in the end "home" isn't only a physical place but also all the people that somehow shared something important with you.

D21 19 gennaio 2009 alle ore 10:21  

It's just a roughly synonims, the fact is that I'm Italian, where the word "casa" has much more meaning. Furthermore, I'll be Italian everywhere and the word "casa" is much more, I already feel "home" here.

Anyway, Messico e Nuvole...
:-)

For wayfarers | Per i viandanti

Duke's guests | Ospiti regolari

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP